Recipe by grandma2969
The addition of the egg whites must make these so fluffy...we love to add fresh fruit after we get them on the griddle..never use box mixes again! This came from an Amish cookbook..
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Pour in milk and beat well.
- Melt margarine in pan you will use to cook the pancakes.
- Pour margarine into above mixture and egg egg yolks.
- Whip the egg whites until peaks form and fold into batter.
- Fry these in the pan you used to melt the margarine and you won't need to use any extra grease to fry the pancakes.
- We like to sprinkle of fresh fruit after we put pancake batter on griddle and before flipping.