Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A friend of mine used to make this for me.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- On the stovetop, melt butter in large frying pan.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, beat eggs with a fork until frothy.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour and milk.
- Dump the egg into the flour mixture and stir.
- Pour batter into pan with bubbly butter, put pan into oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Will puff up, edges will curl and brown.
- Take out of oven and drizzle with fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Mmmmmm, very nice! I loved it. However, my pan-cake seemed (to me)as if it had too much butter! I recoomend reducing the butter a little.I am not a fan of too much lemon so only drizzled a little bit on the cake. It was so yummy! Thanks for posting this very interesting recipe, I'll be making this again :) You could also try sprinkling with cheese instead of sugar for a more savory cake. PS- these are also called 'Dutch babies'
This was good! Definitely too much butter for my tastes, and mine did not come out fluffy but rather dense, but it still tasted great. My 1 year old gobbled it up like crazy, although my 3 year old wouldn't touch it...but then he won't eat anything that isn't meat-related during his current "phase." Super quick, and for me, super cheap, since I have a free source of milk and eggs. Will definitely make this again!
This was great! It was eaten right away, and I have the family asking for more.
About the butter, it did seem it had too much butter(I guess it is a matter of taste), but next time I will definitely reduce it. And I didn't add lemon, just sugar, and it tasted just fine. I recommend playing with this recipe to find out what suites best your taste.