Fluffy Orangy French Toast
- Preheat oven to 450°F Grease large cookie sheet.
- In medium bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- In a seperate bowl, beat egg yolks; stir in orange juice, orange peel, salt and milk.
- Fold egg yolk mix into beaten egg whites.
- Dip each bread slice into egg mix until evenly coated. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown ( do NOT turn the toast).
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sour cream and marmalade; heat over low heat just until warmed.
- Serve french toast immediately with sauce. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.