Makes a lovely breakfast/brunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F Grease large cookie sheet.
- 2In medium bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- 3In a seperate bowl, beat egg yolks; stir in orange juice, orange peel, salt and milk.
- 4Fold egg yolk mix into beaten egg whites.
- 5Dip each bread slice into egg mix until evenly coated. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown ( do NOT turn the toast).
- 6Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sour cream and marmalade; heat over low heat just until warmed.
- 7Serve french toast immediately with sauce. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffy Orangy French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.1
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 220.0 mg
- Sodium 622.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 11.0 g