Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Makes a lovely breakfast/brunch.
- 6 eggs, SEPERATED
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 12 slices bread
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream, can use regular sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- powdered sugar, to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 450°F Grease large cookie sheet.
- In medium bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- In a seperate bowl, beat egg yolks; stir in orange juice, orange peel, salt and milk.
- Fold egg yolk mix into beaten egg whites.
- Dip each bread slice into egg mix until evenly coated. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown ( do NOT turn the toast).
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sour cream and marmalade; heat over low heat just until warmed.
- Serve french toast immediately with sauce. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
This was OK, but we like our french toast a bit crispier. But I did love the marmalade sour cream syrup and will use that part again. Thanks