This omelet is made really light and fluffy by beating the egg yolks and whites separately, then combining. Then, it is made extra special by topping it with a homemade cheese sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg whites until frothy.
- 2Add water and salt and beat until stiff, but not dry.
- 3Beat egg yolks until lemon-colored and very thick.
- 4Gently fold yolks into the whites.
- 5Heat butter in a 10" skillet with oven proof handle.
- 6Pour in the egg mixture, spreading it evenly, but slightly higher around the edges.
- 7Reduce heat and cook slowly about 8 to 10 minutes, or until omelet is puffed up and set.
- 8Gently lift up on edge of it with a spatula; it should be golden on the underside.
- 9Bake in a 325° oven for about 10 minutes, or until a knife inserted in omelet center comes out clean.
- 10Loosen omelet around edges with spatula. Tilt pan and fold the smaller, or upper half, over the lower half.
- 11With the aid of spatula and spoon, slip omelet onto hot platter.
- 12Spoon Cheese Sauce on it and serve at once.
- 13To make cheese sauce:.
- 14Melt 2 tablespoons butter in saucepan over low heat.
- 15Blend in 2 tablespoons flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a dash of black pepper.
- 16Add 1 cup milk all at one time and cook and stir until mixture bubbles and thickens. Add 1 cup shredded sharp cheese and stir until it melts.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffy Omelet With Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 634.0
- Calories from Fat 454
- Total Fat 50.4 g
- Saturated Fat 28.7 g
- Cholesterol 545.2 mg
- Sodium 1255.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 31.6 g