Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My grandmother always made this wonderfully light and airy cheesecake and it requires no baking other than the graham cracker crust. I'm always asked for the recipe and even those that don't care for cheesecake love this. You can cut this recipe in half very easily, although I use a smaller pan so it fills the cake pan to the top.
- CRUST: Mix graham crackers and melted butter together.
- Reserve 1/2 cup and set aside,then press the rest into 13 X 9" cake pan.
- Bake at 350 for 8- 10 minutes and cool.
- Dissolve 2 pkgs jello in water and set aside to cool.
- Beat together cream cheese and sugar and set aside.
- Whip chilled milnot and sugar together until stiff.
- (Like whipped cream and use a large mixing bowl as this grows quite a bit in volume) Add jello to cream cheese mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Add all to whipped milnot and beat until well mixed.
- Pour over cooled crust, sprinkle reserved crumb mixture on top and chill at least 2 hours.
This recipe is great. But it is just plain old evaporated milk - not sweetened condensed. It whips up more than you would think possible and is a very light dessert. Give it a try.
Been looking for this recipe. It is the best thing i've ever eaten. Love it. Love it. Love it.
Excellant recipe...taste great and easy to make