Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
So light and fluffy, but it literally melts on your tongue. I like it half done, but the flavour is just as good when fully cooked. Its desperately simple and one really good start to the morning!! Relatively healthy and adds to your daily calcium serving!
- Break the eggs in a saucepan.
- Turn on the fire on its minimum and cook until the egg white is visible (white coloured). It should take about 20 to 30 seconds.
- Add the milk into the pan and rapidly stir the mixture.
- Sprinkle the grated cheddar evenly across the top of the egg.
- When the cheese has become runny but not fully melted, stir the mixture vigorously.
- Then let it stand for about 20 seconds (depending on how cooked you want your egg to be).
- Add salt and pepper to your personal taste and rapidly stir again.
- Turn off the heat and continue to stir rapidly to break the egg bits to tiny pieces. They kind of stick back together (when half done that is --) so it doesn't look ugly, it just creates a nice texture.
- Voila! Serve with toast or bagel. Absolutely gorgeous!
This is quite tasty. I used white cheddar. I think 2 tablespoons milk would suit me next time though, as they were a bit "runny". I assume some kind of fat should be used in pan to keep from sticking. I used a little butter. Made for My-3-Chefs 2008.