Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I'm not sure where this recipe came from. I thought it was from Zaar but I can't find it anywhere. I made these last year for Thanksgiving and they were really good. They definitely get fluffy. I hope you enjoy. I think I used Yukon Gold potatoes last year, but I can't remember off the top of my head. And thank you to whoever marked the other 3 posts of this recipe as duplicates! I didn't think it was posting so I kept clicking submit. I must remember that patience is a virtue.
- 12 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄8-1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs (try 2 at first)
- In a large pot, boil potatoes with sea salt until they are tender; about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain water and add remaining ingredients, but only add 2 eggs at first.
- Mash until smooth with potato masher. DO NOT whip continuously with beater or they will get gooey.
- If they do not seem the right consistency, add another egg. (I'm not sure what consistency they should be, but I think I wrote that because 3 eggs made them too runny and I had to add instant flakes to get them to the right consistency.).