Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had this at a brunch buffet and had to ask for the recipe. It's such a nice refreshing salad or could even be a side side. It can also be made in advance.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice, set the pineapple aside In saucepan, combine gelatin, water& reserved juice Cook& stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved Refrigerate until syrupy, about 30 minutes In small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy Stir in gelatin mixture, walnuts, marshmallows& reserved pineapple Fold in the whipped cream Transfer to a 1 qt serving bowl Cover& refrigerate for 2 hrs or until set.
I found this recipe in the Idaho Press Tribune from Beth Edwards of Caldwell, Idaho. This is a delicious salad that could be a dessert. Yum! Thanks for posting!
This is a wonderful salad, very refreshing. We used it as a side salad but this would also make a great desert too. We made it with the lime jello but think it would be fun to try other flavors too (raspberry comes to mind.) Thanks Boca Pat.