Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A light, fluffy pie because the whipped egg whites are folded into the pie itself rather than used for a meringue topping.
- 5 egg yolks
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 2⁄3 cup lime juice
- 3 egg whites
- 1 9-inch baked pie crust (I prefer a graham cracker crust)
- Beat yolks until thick. Gradually add sugar; beating constantly. Add lime rind and juice; mix well.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into lime mixture.
- Spoon mixture into shell. Bake at 325°F for 25 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and chill for 3 hours. Top with whipped cream.
super yummy! it had a good balance of sweetness and tartness loved the graham crust its always been my favorite. my children and i really enjoyed this very refreshing pie, thanks
A really yummy pie, Marg! It was my first attempt at making key lime pie and it was delicious. Our dinner guests thought so too! It was way easier than I thought it would be.