Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have recipes to make two different kind of biscuit mixes to give as gifts and I will post them separately. Place them in a cellophane bag, attach instuctional gift tag and wrap with a pretty ribbon
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon dried lemon peel
For Gift Tag
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Layer self rising flour, sugar, poppy seeds and lemon peel in cellophane bag.
- Tie securely with twist tie and decorate as desired.
- Place the following on gift tag:
- Empty contents of bag into medium bowl.
- Stir in 1 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract to form a ball.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with additional granulated or coarse sugar, if desired.
- Bake at 450° for 10 to 12 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.