1/2 Photos of Fluffy Lemon Chess Pie
This recipe differs from the other listed here in that there is no cornmeal or buttermilk, and the egg whites are beaten separately and folded in so that the texture is much lighter. From the Alabama Chapter of the Bell South Pioneers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prebake pie shell at 425 F for 7-8 minutes.
- 2Cream sugar with butter until light.
- 3Beat in egg yolks one at a time.
- 4Beat in lemon zest and juice.
- 5In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- 6Lightly fold egg whites into the filling.
- 7Pour filling into pie shell and bake at 350 F until set and lightly golden, about 25-30 minutes.
- 8Cool and serve.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffy Lemon Chess Pie
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.7
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 161.3 mg
- Sodium 222.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 34.5 g
- Protein 5.1 g