I've made this since a friend gave me the recipe at my bridal shower, MANY years ago!! This freezes very well. Take it out of the freezer and put it in the refrigerator 2 hours before serving.)
- Mix crust ingredients, press into 13x9 pan.
- In small bowl stir together sugar and cream cheese until fluffy.
- In another small bowl, mix jello and boiling water; add lemon juice and extract.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place large mixing bowl and beaters in freezer while jello cools.
- You can take a coffee break here.
- When bowl has chilled, whip evaporated milk on high until thick and holds a peak.
- Turn mixer to low; mix in cream cheese mixture.
- Mix in the jello mixture.
- Pour over crust in pan.
- Chill; cut into squares.