Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've made this since a friend gave me the recipe at my bridal shower, MANY years ago!! This freezes very well. Take it out of the freezer and put it in the refrigerator 2 hours before serving.)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk, chilled
- Mix crust ingredients, press into 13x9 pan.
- In small bowl stir together sugar and cream cheese until fluffy.
- In another small bowl, mix jello and boiling water; add lemon juice and extract.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place large mixing bowl and beaters in freezer while jello cools.
- You can take a coffee break here.
- When bowl has chilled, whip evaporated milk on high until thick and holds a peak.
- Turn mixer to low; mix in cream cheese mixture.
- Mix in the jello mixture.
- Pour over crust in pan.
- Chill; cut into squares.
This was so good! We really enjoyed our dessert this evening, thanks to you, Inez. I made this exactly as directed with the addition of sliced strawberries which made quite a beautiful presentation! Once again, I thank you!
Oh yum!! This is so light and delicious for a hot summer day dessert. I thought I'd have leftovers but not a crumb was left - thats how much we loved this. Light, refreshingly sweet and easy to make - five stars in my book.
This dessert is the best ever! It is so fluffy and smooth. Fantastic lemon flavor. The evaporated milk whips up big and frothy, then you just mix at all together---WOW!! My husband and kids went nuts over this! I predict this will be made a lot here! Thank you very much!!