Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Got this on-line from Taste of Home, a little differant from other recipes with no condensed milk. It's described as low in fat, sugar and fuss, doesn't get any easier than that and would be a good desert for my Mom who is a diabetic. Diabetic exchanges reported as 1 starch, 1 fruit and 1 fat. Finally got around to making this and for a light version it's very good, fluffy and tart and pretty simple. A nice treat for those warm summer evenings. I couldn't find the prepared graham crust so used Graham Cracker Crumb Crust Mix and made it with splenda and it turned out great.
- 1⁄3 ounce sugar-free lime gelatin, 2 package
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 12 ounces fat-free key lime yogurt, 2 - 6 ounce cartons
- 8 ounces frozen fat-free whipped topping, 1 carton, thawed
- 1 reduced fat graham cracker crust, 8 inches
- In large bowl dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Whisk in yogurt.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set.
Quick, easy and delicious! I usually make my own graham-cracker crust, but since I was making this in the motorhome, I used a ready-made one. This is a nice, light dessert. I am going to try it next time with raspberry jello and raspberry or mixed berry yogurt, or maybe black cherry jello and yogurt! This will be a good summer dessert because it doesn't require an oven :) Made for Spring 2010 PAC.