Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I started making kefir at home and sometimes end up with more than I want to use as a drink. I found this on the blog "Tammy's Recipes". The original recipe uses twice the amount of ingredients, but I reduced it to meet my needs. The original recipe was said to make 10 to 12 pancakes, but I got 11 using a 1/3 cup scoop (more or less full).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Break the egg into another bowl and lightly beat it. Then add the kefir, milk and vanilla extract and whisk them all together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and whisk them together until combined. The batter should be a bit lumpy, but without any large pockets of flour.
- Preheat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Lightly grease and spoon on the batter - I used a 1/3 cup scoop, more or less full.
- When the surface has a fair number of bubbles, about 3-4 minutes, flip over and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings - I like a good jam, and maple syrup and fresh fruit are a natural, too.
my son has been avoiding all the kefir i've been making: served him these 'sourdough' pancakes and he ate them without complaint. next time i might add some lemon juice/zest & blueberries : thanks for the recipe duonyte!
these have sourdough thing going on . i prefer them thinner so turned pan like for crepes