1/1 Photo of Fluffy Kefir Pancakes
I started making kefir at home and sometimes end up with more than I want to use as a drink. I found this on the blog "Tammy's Recipes". The original recipe uses twice the amount of ingredients, but I reduced it to meet my needs. The original recipe was said to make 10 to 12 pancakes, but I got 11 using a 1/3 cup scoop (more or less full).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- 2Break the egg into another bowl and lightly beat it. Then add the kefir, milk and vanilla extract and whisk them all together.
- 3Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and whisk them together until combined. The batter should be a bit lumpy, but without any large pockets of flour.
- 4Preheat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Lightly grease and spoon on the batter - I used a 1/3 cup scoop, more or less full.
- 5When the surface has a fair number of bubbles, about 3-4 minutes, flip over and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- 6Serve with your favorite toppings - I like a good jam, and maple syrup and fresh fruit are a natural, too.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffy Kefir Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.1
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 64.8 mg
- Sodium 319.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: