Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have lost this recipe many times so I'm putting it here for safekeeping! I love this dessert made with simple ingredients. I like to take this to family reunions or to have as a light dessert.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (6 ounce) package Jello gelatin, any flavor (lemon, lime, strawberry or raspberry are good)
- 1 3⁄4 cups hot water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk, chilled until very cold
- Mix crust ingredients and press onto bottom and slightly up the sides of a buttered 9 x 13 x 2 inch pan.
- Mix Jello, water, and sugar together. Chill until thick but not stiff. Whip the evaporated milk to the consistency of whipped cream. Fold into the Jello mixture. Pour into the graham crust and chill until firm. Garnish with extra graham crumbs.
You are so funny about loosing this recipe and making sure that you alway have it by putting it here. I also have looked forever for this recipe which I lost about 2O years ago but have never forgotten it. I am so excited that you put it here and I came across it, This is the most comforting dessert, it just melts in you mouth and is not at al filling so you can serve it right after a huge dinner and everyone will still be able to eat it and will love it.
I have only made this with Lemon Jello and I think that I will stick with the Lemon because it was so yummy. Thank you so much for makeing my day.