Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 min
All I can say is if you make these dumplings, you will want to make them again. They are worth the trouble. If you are like me you will have to triple this recipe every time you make it.
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- (Have chicken already cooked and boiling).
- Put all DRY ingredients in food processor, combine milk, salad oil, and food coloring; add to dry ingredients in food processor and process on high just till well blended.
- Lay large clean dry cloth on table and have it already dusted with flour.
- And about a cup of flour right in the middle.
- Pour soft gooey dough on mound of flour and put some flour on top of dough so dough won't stick to your hands while you work the flour into the dough. Keep working flour into dough till of a consistency to roll out into dumplings. Roll as thin as you like (I like mine very thin) and then cut with a pizza cutter or knife and then drop into BOILING juice with chicken already cut up and cooked.
- Simmer covered on very low heat (so as not to boil over or stick) for about 20 to 25 minutes. DO NOT Stir. If you check them and think they are sticking, take a pancake turner and scoot them around on the bottom till unstuck, but DO NOT stir. Then shut off and let sit for about 30 minutes.
- Then turn back on till boiling, shut off and let sit for another 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
The texture was great. I really enjoy the dumplings.I cooked the chicken and drained off the juice, and saved. I deboned the chicken. I put 2 and 1/3 cups of flour in breadmachine 3/4 cup of buttermilk and the rest of the ingredients from the recipe. I put the breadmachine on dough/paste. When done took out roll on flour board and cut. Then took saved juice heated up to boiling and dropped in dumplings. Then added chicken. Was wonderful. Chef#220151