Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy, biscuits with that extra kick from the herbs, I love it when my garden herbs are at there best. Found this in my newest Taste of Home Magazine. Gosh I really like this magazine
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh, minced
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, fresh, minced
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk buttermilk, oil, basil and rosemary.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonful 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until light brown.
- Serve warm.
How did we love thee? These biscuits are light, fluffy, flavorful, easy and a great side to eggs, soup, stew or a main dish. The recipe cut down to serve three very nicely, did have to substitute olive oil for the canola oil as I was out and may have used just a smidgen more herbs. These are a new staple in our home, thanks so much for the yummy post.