Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you love gingerbread, then you will really enjoy these pancakes, these are spicy and beautifully light and fluffy melt in your mouth pancakes! There a must served with maple syrup. If you prefer a pancake that is not too spicy then just reduce the spices slightly. You should get about 16-18 pancakes depending on how much batter that you use.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (heaping)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup strong brewed coffee (cold or room temperature)
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- In another bowl whisk together eggs, water, coffee, melted butter and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Add in flour mixture and whisk just until combined; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Heat griddle until hot and brush with oil.
- Pour about 1/4-cup batter onto hot griddle and cook until bubbles appear on sthe surface of the pancake.
- Flip the pancake and cook until the edges are lightly browned (about 1-2 minutes).
- Serve with maple syrup.