Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
There are several versions: this is mine I hope you enjoy it.
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple
- 2⁄3 cup sugar or 2⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (17 ounce) cans fruit cocktail
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 sliced bananas
- 1⁄2 cup cherries (canned or fresh you pick)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Drain pineapple reserve 1-cup juice in a small saucepan. Set pineapple aside. To the saucepan add sugar, flour, eggs, orange juice, lemon juice, and oil. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute; remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl combine pineapple, fruit cocktail, oranges, cherries, and bananas. Fold in whipped cream and cooled sauce. Chill for several hours.