Recipe by Sydney Mike
The recipe for this fruit dip was found in the 2009 cookbook, Touch of Home's Best Holiday Recipes. Preparation time does not include the time needed for the dip to cool & chill.
Top Review by 2Bleu
Fluffy, custardy, creamy Dream! Wow! DH and I gobbled it up with apple slices. When the bowl was empty, we looked at each other in disbelief (insert cricket noises). Definitely a keeper, make often recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar & flour, then gradually whisk in the pineapple juice.
- Add the butter, then cook & stir until butter is melted & mixture comes to a boil.
- Cook & stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat & quickly stir a small amount of this hot mixture into the lightly beaten egg, before returning all of this mixture to the pan, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a gentle boil, then cook & stir for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat & cool to room temperature, stirring several times.
- Fold in the whipped cream, then cover & refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving with sliced fruit.