- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, pour the corn syrup and bring it to a full boil.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs whites with cream of tartar until they hold soft peaks.
- With the mixer still running on high, slowly add hot corn syrup in a slow, thin but steady stream.
- Keep beating until frosting has stiff shiny peaks and hold their shape.
- Beat in vanilla.
- This recipe makes a lot, so feel free to make only half for a small cake.
- Keep frosted cake refrigerated when not serving.