Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This is the best french toast recipe! Instead of using a dozen eggs and who knows how much cinnamon, I came up with this and it almost taste like it was baked, but you still cook on a griddle. Family favorite.
Top Review by leigh c.
I gave this recipe 5 stars. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm just countering the Internet"nut" who rated it based on a similar recipe her niece tried in a cooking class. I tried something close once, and it was great! Yes, my rating is as silly as hers, but seriously? Try it before you rate it! (and, yes, I realize the hypocrisy).
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 18 slices bread, thick slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure flour into a large mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- Soak bread slices in mixture until saturated.
- Cook bread on each side until golden brown.
- Serve hot.