Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Try this using different flavors of sugar-free pudding. Make certain to completely thaw the Cool Whip before adding to the pudding, if you like a sweeter frosting add in some Splenda or alternative sweetener into the pudding mix. If you are not worried about calories and fat content then this works well using full-fat products, just omit the skim milk powder. The chocolate flavor goes well on top of Extreme Low-Fat Chocolate Cake
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen fat-free whipped topping (completely thawed)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoon skim milk powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a bowl mix together 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons skim milk with skim milk powder and vanilla; mix until no powder remains in the milk.
- Add in the pudding and mix on low speed or whisk until smooth and thickened (mixture will be fairly thick).
- Using a spatula mix in the thawed Cool Whip topping until completely blended.
- Spread over cake.
I made this to go with the extremely low fat chocolate cake, and it was very good. It was a big hit at our church supper last night. Thanks so much for posting.