1/4 Photos of Fluffy Eggless Sugar Cookies
Chef #1268187's Note:
Being a vegetarian, it's always difficult to find recipes, especially for baking, that retain the texture and taste without eggs. I found a recipe for sugar cookies on recipezaar a few months ago, and every time I used it, I would tweak it just a little. Over time, it has developed into this awesome recipe which results in fluffy, light, sugar cookies - emphasis on the fluffy. (I'm not a huge fan of flat, hard cookies.) Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Combine butter and sugar in a bowl, and mix until it gets lighter and fluffier. (Either microwave the butter for about 45 seconds or make sure it's soft enough to whisk).
- 3Add vanilla and milk to butter/sugar mixture. (You can be flexible with the amount of vanilla you use).
- 4Combine salt, flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- 5Combine the dry and wet ingredients, using either a spatula or your hands. (Dough should be a little bit sticky at this point).
- 6Add extra flour as needed until dough becomes less sticky (I used about 3 T.) You don't want dough to be too tough or sticky.
- 7Form 12 equal-sized balls, flatten to about 1/2 - 2/3 inch in thickness. Coat one side with sugar. (Lay about 1/8 Cup sugar on flat surface and lay each flattened ball of dough on it, pressing gently).
- 8Bake for 8-10 minutes, until bottom is lightly golden.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffy Eggless Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.0
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.6 mg
- Sodium 127.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 1.4 g