I poached this recipe from cooks.com (it was submitted by Dawn Linke, so props to her). I'm mainly posting it here since this is the recipe site I use the most and I want to add it to my cookbook, and I was most happy with this recipe vs. other eggless pancake recipes I've tried, so I figured it was worth sharing. :)
- Combine dry ingredients and mix slightly.
- Add milk, oil, water, and vanilla. Whisk together until just combined. Be careful not to over mix - it should still be slightly lumpy. Set aside to rest for a few minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. While pan is heating, add butter. As soon as the butter is melted, add melted butter to pancake batter.
- Return pan to stove and stir butter into batter.
- When pan is hot, with a measuring cup or ladle, pour 1/4 cup of batter into the skillet for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface. Carefully flip pancakes with turner/spatula and cook until golden brown.
- Note: This recipe also works well with whole wheat flour. Chopped fruit, nuts or chocolate chips can be added to batter before cooking for a unique treat.