Tasty dumplings that are quick and easy to make! This is a recipe my mom used to make. I make this when I have leftover roast chicken and homemade chicken broth. If you don't have homemade, be sure to use a good quality broth. Comes from the Better Homes and Gardens "New" Cookbook from the 70s.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat chicken broth and cooked chicken until bubbly.
- 2Meanwhile, sift together dry ingredients.
- 3Combine milk and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- 4Drop from tablespoons into bubbling stew.
- 5Cover tightly; bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat (don't lift cover) and simmer 12-15 minutes or until done.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffy Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.1
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 975.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 8.4 g