Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tasty dumplings that are quick and easy to make! This is a recipe my mom used to make. I make this when I have leftover roast chicken and homemade chicken broth. If you don't have homemade, be sure to use a good quality broth. Comes from the Better Homes and Gardens "New" Cookbook from the 70s.
- Heat chicken broth and cooked chicken until bubbly.
- Meanwhile, sift together dry ingredients.
- Combine milk and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Drop from tablespoons into bubbling stew.
- Cover tightly; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat (don't lift cover) and simmer 12-15 minutes or until done.
Nice quick dinner tonight. I used anout 1 1/2 pounds of chicken, and that was plenty for the 2 of us tonight. Great quick recipe.