I use these in place of top crust for chicken pot pie!
Make and share this Fluffy Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl.
- Cut in Shortening until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal or crumbs.
- Lightly mix in milk to make a soft dough; Stir as little as possible.
- Drop tablespoons of dough on top of chicken pieces or meat and vegetables in stew. Simmer 10 minutes uncovered;
- then cover tightly and simmer 10 minutes longer.
I made these for "Chicken & Dumplings" for supper. I used butter flavor CRISCO & buttermilk. VERY GOOD...will DEFFO make again,,,...& again!!! THANKS for sharing!!!
Total comfort food! I was making Ground Beef Soup (Ground Beef Soup) and I thought, "Who says I have to wait for stew to have some fluffy dumplings?" So I found your recipe and made as directed except I used a gluten-free all purpose flour mix and a little extra milk (about 2 teaspoons) instead of the wheat-based white flour. The result was simply lighter than white flour with an airy texture, as opposed to the chewy texture we used to enjoy when eating gluten. Thanks for sharing this recipe, good2bdunn! Made and enjoyed for Spring 2011 Pick A Chef! :)