Recipe by Kalice
This soup is divine, adored by adults and children alike. The dumplings puff up and are lovely and soft.
Top Review by midwestmom
Great recipe! My husband, children and I really liked this and it's hard to please us all. I added some diced onion and minced garlic but otherwise followed the recipe. Will definitely make again. Thanks!
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 -3 cups of diced cooked chicken or 2 -3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 stalks of diced celery
- 3 diced carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 45 g butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat first four ingredients in large saucepan until vegetables are soft, around 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile make dumplings.
- Mix flour and salt then rub butter with fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in milk.
- Drop golf ball size dumplings into pot.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. DO NOT LIFT LID.
- Serve hot.