Recipe by 998171
Have you ever had those sugar cookies at publix that are really fluffy and cake like? Well hear is that recipe. I think its the sour cream that makes it so fluffy. I also roll them out maybe 1/4 in thick and under cook them a little but thats probably a personal preference. They do take a little work just like any cut-out cookies but this is something that anytime I ask someone in our family what I can bring for dessert they always say this! I use my kitchen aid but before that I would use my hand blender as long as I could and then mix the last part of the flour in by hand. Hope you enjoy.
- 3 eggs (beaten well in side bowl)
- 1 cup butter (prefer land o lakes)
- 2 cups sugar (prefer extra fine Dixie crystals)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 1⁄2 cups bleached all purpose flour (pillsbury)
Directions See How It's Made
- beat well 3 eggs in a small side bowl.
- mix in large bowl moisten butter (20 sec microwave should do it, if you forgot to set the butter out to soften on its on, just softened not melted), sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Blend well.
- Next add baking soda, salt, baking powder ï¿½ mix well.
- Add sour cream ï¿½mix well.
- Add flour one cup at a time, once get to six cups only add a little at a time till you get the right consistency (use aprx. 6.5 cups).
- Put in freezer or fridge for a little while to make easier to handle.
- Roll out and cut into you favorite shapes. I like to place on parchment paper on my pans so they come off easy.
- Cook @ 325º until done (approx. 6-8 minutes depending on the thickness) Watch them closely dont over bake. Don't wait till they turn brown. I always watch the surface of the cookies when they are raw they look shiny once cooked they are matte.
- let cool then frost with your favorite icing recipe and decorate.