1/1 Photo of Fluffy "cut-Out" Sugar Cookies
1 hr 7 mins
Have you ever had those sugar cookies at publix that are really fluffy and cake like? Well hear is that recipe. I think its the sour cream that makes it so fluffy. I also roll them out maybe 1/4 in thick and under cook them a little but thats probably a personal preference. They do take a little work just like any cut-out cookies but this is something that anytime I ask someone in our family what I can bring for dessert they always say this! I use my kitchen aid but before that I would use my hand blender as long as I could and then mix the last part of the flour in by hand. Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1beat well 3 eggs in a small side bowl.
- 2mix in large bowl moisten butter (20 sec microwave should do it, if you forgot to set the butter out to soften on its on, just softened not melted), sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Blend well.
- 3Next add baking soda, salt, baking powder ï¿½ mix well.
- 4Add sour cream ï¿½mix well.
- 5Add flour one cup at a time, once get to six cups only add a little at a time till you get the right consistency (use aprx. 6.5 cups).
- 6Put in freezer or fridge for a little while to make easier to handle.
- 7Roll out and cut into you favorite shapes. I like to place on parchment paper on my pans so they come off easy.
- 8Cook @ 325º until done (approx. 6-8 minutes depending on the thickness) Watch them closely dont over bake. Don't wait till they turn brown. I always watch the surface of the cookies when they are raw they look shiny once cooked they are matte.
- 9let cool then frost with your favorite icing recipe and decorate.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffy "cut-Out" Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1838 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1362.1
- Calories from Fat 453
- Total Fat 50.3 g
- Saturated Fat 29.8 g
- Cholesterol 233.1 mg
- Sodium 1160.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 205.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 82.1 g
- Protein 21.8 g