Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Here it is, the secret to the perfect omelet: cream cheese! From Kraft, slightly modified.
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheese, of your choice
- 1 tablespoon green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- In a medium bowl whisk cream cheese (try the flavored ones!), eggs and water until well blended; stir in the shredded cheese and onions (or try other veggies).
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet on medium. Pour in omelet mixture.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until set: Lift the edges with a spatula and tilt the pan to allow uncooked portions to flow underneath to cook.
- It's done when firm but still slightly moist on the top - use your spatula and tip the pan to fold the omelet in half (the top will finish cooking once folded).
- Slide onto a plate and cut in half to serve.
This recipe goes together fast and it is light, fluffy, and delicious! I used green onions, mozzarella cheese and chopped tomatoes. Thank you for sharing your recipe 4Susan!