Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe on the America's Test Kitchen (Cooks Illustrated) website. I like it because it has a very light cream cheese flavor and isn't too sweet or overpowering.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened but still cool
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- With electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter, sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla until light and fluffy and no lumps remain.
Good frosting, not too sweet. Just a note: this makes a small amount; it won't cover a 9 x 12 cake. Probably OK for a 8" or 9" square. Also adding a pinch of salt helps. Pismo, thanks for posting.