Recipe by 2hot2handle
Light and delicious! These are favorites for big family breakfasts.
Top Review by xoxo*Steph
I am SO glad that we ran out of milk this morning, because I would have been missing out on these lovelies! I pureed the cottage cheese curds first before mixing everything into it and the result was almost magical. I think we will be renaming this "Cheesecake Pancakes" because that's what they taste like! I halved the recipe for my family of 4 and added fresh strawberry chunks while they were cooking. YUM! Thank you for sharing this recipe. It's definitely a keeper!
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese, drained
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, for cooking
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix the cottage cheese with the egg yolks, sugar, flour, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, add the salt to the egg whites and beat until firm peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the cottage cheese mixture in 2 or 3 additions.
- Melt butter on surface of griddle or skillet. Drop batter on the skillet and cook until bubbly. Flip and cook for another minute. The pancakes should be light in texture and golden brown on both sides.