Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Light and delicious! These are favorites for big family breakfasts.
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese, drained
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, for cooking
- In a large bowl, mix the cottage cheese with the egg yolks, sugar, flour, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, add the salt to the egg whites and beat until firm peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the cottage cheese mixture in 2 or 3 additions.
- Melt butter on surface of griddle or skillet. Drop batter on the skillet and cook until bubbly. Flip and cook for another minute. The pancakes should be light in texture and golden brown on both sides.
I am SO glad that we ran out of milk this morning, because I would have been missing out on these lovelies! I pureed the cottage cheese curds first before mixing everything into it and the result was almost magical. I think we will be renaming this "Cheesecake Pancakes" because that's what they taste like! I halved the recipe for my family of 4 and added fresh strawberry chunks while they were cooking. YUM! Thank you for sharing this recipe. It's definitely a keeper!
Cottage Cheese Pancakes are a childhood favorite of mine so I was more than happy to give this a try. Very yummy and fluffy. I blended the cottage cheese since thats what I normaly do but next time I will leave it chunky for extra fun and texture. Thanks for sharing 2hot!!