Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Fluffy wholesome pancakes that my preschooler loves to help me make, and most of all loves to eat. They taste great with just butter, but maple syrup really soaks into them well.
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- Mix all dry ingredients, then wisk together.
- Beat egg preferably into a 2+ cup measuring cup, add yogurt.
- Add enough milk (soy, cow, cream mixed with water, water, etc) to make a total of 2 1/4 cups liquid.
- Stir liquid into dry ingredients just enough to mix (mash any lumps).
- Pour by icecream scoop or 1/4 cup (measuring cup works well) onto a preheated 350 degree griddle.
- When a few bubbles form, check by lifting an edge and if brown, flip once.
- Cook for another minute or so til this side is brown also.
These are like a grainy version of regular pancakes and not true cornmeal pancakes. Our search for a good cornmeal panckae continues as we will not make these again.