Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
A "no-shop" meal from Real Simple Meals Made Easy.
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 8 fresh chives, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, salt, pepper and corn.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer on medium, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- With a spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture.
- Melt 1 Tablespoon of butter in a non stick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour in half the egg mixture, cook without stirring, until the eggs barely begin to set, about 1 minute.
- Use the spatula to lift the edge of the omelet so the undercooked eggs flow underneath. Cook, still without stirring. until the top is almost completely set, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese and 1/3 of the chives over half of the omelet.
- Using the spatula, fold the other half of the omelet over the filling. Cook until set.
- Tilt the skillet and slide it onto a plate.
- Repeat to make second omelet.