Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From CookingFor2 magazine: You can't go wrong with these cute tarts with their chocolaty whipped filling. They're so yummy that you'll want to split the third one between the two of you! "This recipe is as easy as it is delicious," notes Tina Wooten of Brandon, Florida. I must say I agree with Tina! These are awesome! My husband, who has never given ANYTHING a rating higher than four stars, gave these TWELVE stars. OUTSTANDING!
- 56.69 g cream cheese, softened
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml lemon juice
- 22.18 ml instant hot cocoa mix
- 177.44 ml whipped topping
- 3 mini graham cracker tart crusts
- 9.85 ml chopped salted peanuts (optional)
- 9.85 ml miniature semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Stir in cocoa mix.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon into tart shells.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and chocolate chips (optional).
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
I made these tonight for my 7 year old and while they were good, they seemed to need more flavor. I used neufchatel cheese, but otherwise, kept the ingredients the same. I want to try making them again, but use chocolate milk powder instead of hot cocoa mix. I also considered cutting the whipped topping back to 1/2 cup. Will update when I try again. They are very cute! I ended up with enough filling for 4 as well. Thanks!
Wow!!! This is so simple to put together but so tasty!!!! This amount made 4 mini tarts, which worked out perfect for our family of four. Thanks for sharing Jeanna!!! Made for Fall PAC 08.