Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These biscuits are light and fluffy yet taste rich and delicious. My kid begs for these on the weekends.
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons whole milk
- 3 drops vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine first six ingredients (flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and soda, salt).
- Cut in butter with a pastry cutter.
- Add sour cream and milk and stir until everything is holding together (no loose floury bits). Add some more milk if necessary but not too much or it will be too wet and sticky.
- Dump out onto a floured surface and knead about 10 times. Pat or roll dough till it's about 1/2 an inch thick.
- Cut with a floured biscuit cutter or glass and place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- While the biscuits are cooling, mix powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons milk (or more if needed) and vanilla to make icing. Don't use too much milk. You want it to be thick enough to stick to a spoon and drizzle slowly onto biscuits.