1/1 Photo of Fluffy Chocolate Silk Pie
Dine & Dish's Note:
This recipe was in the February 2008 issue of Simple and Delicious magazine. It is very easy to put together and the flavor reminds me a lot of Tippin's French Silk Pie. Prep time does not include chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1Line upricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy duty foil. Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2Meanwhile, in a heavy sausepan, combine the marshmallow creme, chocolate chips, butter, unsweetened chocolate and coffee; cook and stir over low heat until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Cool. Fold in the whipped cream; pour into the crust. Let chill at least 3 hours before topping with whipped topping.
- 3For topping, in a large mixing bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over chilled filling. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffy Chocolate Silk Pie
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 798.4
- Calories from Fat 543
- Total Fat 60.4 g
- Saturated Fat 33.6 g
- Cholesterol 129.0 mg
- Sodium 287.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 34.5 g
- Protein 6.2 g