Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Nothing goes better together like orange and chocolate. These soft drop cookies are a scrumptious blend of those two flavours.
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 medium orange rind (grated rind from one orange)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream margarine and brown sugar; beat in egg; add orange rind and orange juice.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and cloves; blend thoroughly into creamed mixture.
- Add chocolate chips; mix well.
- Drop from teaspoon onto cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375°F for 10-12 minutes.
These cookies are wonderful! I used all white flour in mine, and they still turned out great. The cookies are definitely very light and fluffy. The insides are more muffin-like in texture, but the outsides retain their cookie chewiness. They are very cute cookies that puff up into little domes. This is a great recipe, and I will be making it again. Thanks!
mmmm...right out of the oven so melty and delicious! i agree with machineangel that they are more scone-like than a cookie because of the texture and not being very sweet. the chocolate chips make it. very good, thank you for posting :)
These have a wonderful flavour and as the name suggests are "fluffy" and light in texture. My mixture was rather firm so I rolled into balls and flattened before baking. They were given the thumbs up all round, thanks for sharing.