Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
You could use milk in place of the cream but the texture will differ slightly.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream (can use full-fat milk)
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar (or to taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) containercool whip frozen whipped topping (completely thawed)
- In a bowl combine pudding mix (either chocolate or vanilla) with cream and confectioners sugar; mix on low speed until combined and thickened (about 3 minutes).
- Fold in the Cool Whip topping until thoroughly combined.
Love this recipe - thank you! I made this recipe using all the ingredients -- including full cream. I also measured the cream out and then put it in my freezer for a half hour before making the frosting to make sure it was good and cold. I think that made a difference because it was really thick frosting.
It tastes great!! I made the chocolate version. The only problem I had was that it was a little thin but other than that great recipe. I think confectioners sugar would have thickened it but I thought it was sweet enough without it.
KITTENCAL, I have been a fan of your wonderful recipes for the past couple of years...and I am very happy to be the first to rate this one! I really liked the taste (I made the vanilla version), it was light and not too sweet. I followed the directions exactly as provided. The consistency is a bit thin as you frost the cake, but does firm up when the frosted cake has been refriderated. Thanks for the posting!