Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
from AWW 'Cakes and Slices' cookbook
- 125 g butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1. Combine butter, sifted cocoa and milk in a saucepan, stir over low heat without boiling until butter is melted; cool to room temperature.
- 2. Grease a deep 20cm round cake pan.
- 3. Beat eggs in a small bowl with electric beater until thick and creamy. Gradually beat in sugar, beating until dissolved between each addition.
- 4. Transfer to a large bowl. Fold in half the sifted flour and half the cocoa mixture, then remaining flour and cocoa mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
- 5. Bake at 190 degrees celsius for about 40minutes. Stand 5minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.