Recipe by Troop Angel
I got this recipe from a friend's mom way back in the 1980's when I stayed with them for a summer. It's really easy to make and I think makes a great meal.
Top Review by AnnetteMarie
This was very tasty. If I had the sense to follow the recipe I would have not ended up with burned eggs on the bottom of the pan. The recipe distinctly says "stir gently" but I neglected to do that. So, I have a pan to scrub but the food was great and we will definitely make it again. Thanks for winning the football pool!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 6 eggs, beaten well
- 1⁄3 cup light cream or 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute chicken pieces in melted butter until cooked.
- Combine eggs, cream/milk, cheese and seasonings and pour over chicken in skillet, stirring gently over medium heat.
- Cook only until eggs are thickened but still moist and not browned (about 5 minutes).
- Serve with vegetables and muffins.