Recipe by yooper
You can prepare this casserole the day before to save time! This one has an amazing taste! Prep time does not include time to boil chicken.
- 1 (3 lb) frying chickens, boiled,skinned and deboned
- 1 (8 ounce) package herb stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped green onions with tops
- 2 stalks chopped celery (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon morton nature seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup salad dressing or 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth (reserved from cooking chicken)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly grease large 9x13x2-inch casserole.
- Cook chicken and drain, reserving cooking liquid.
- Strain cooking liquid and remove any fat.
- Use 1-1/2 cups for chicken broth.
- Cut chicken into large bite-sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, saute the green onions and celery in the butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle half of the stuffing mix in the bottom of casserole.
- Mix chicken, onions, celery, Nature's Seasoning, Miracle Whip or Mayonnasie and chicken together.
- Evenly spread the chicken mixture on top of stuffing.
- Pour chicken broth over chicken mixture.
- Mix eggs, milk, pepper and soup together.
- Pour this mixture over the chicken mixture.
- If desired, refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator about 1-1/2 hours before cooking.
- Just before baking, sprinkle other half of stuffing mix on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until bubbly hot and slightly browned on top.