1 hr 20 mins
You can prepare this casserole the day before to save time! This one has an amazing taste! Prep time does not include time to boil chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) frying chickens, boiled,skinned and deboned
- 1 (8 ounce) package herb stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green onions with tops
- 2 stalks chopped celery (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon morton nature seasoning
- 1/2 cup salad dressing or 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (reserved from cooking chicken)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease large 9x13x2-inch casserole.
- 3Cook chicken and drain, reserving cooking liquid.
- 4Strain cooking liquid and remove any fat.
- 5Use 1-1/2 cups for chicken broth.
- 6Cut chicken into large bite-sized pieces.
- 7Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, saute the green onions and celery in the butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 8Sprinkle half of the stuffing mix in the bottom of casserole.
- 9Mix chicken, onions, celery, Nature's Seasoning, Miracle Whip or Mayonnasie and chicken together.
- 10Evenly spread the chicken mixture on top of stuffing.
- 11Pour chicken broth over chicken mixture.
- 12Mix eggs, milk, pepper and soup together.
- 13Pour this mixture over the chicken mixture.
- 14If desired, refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- 15Remove from refrigerator about 1-1/2 hours before cooking.
- 16Just before baking, sprinkle other half of stuffing mix on top.
- 17Bake for 50 minutes or until bubbly hot and slightly browned on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffy Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (519 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 815.3
- Calories from Fat 419
- Total Fat 46.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 265.1 mg
- Sodium 1536.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 54.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: