Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
You can prepare this casserole the day before to save time! This one has an amazing taste! Prep time does not include time to boil chicken.
- 1 (3 lb) frying chickens, boiled,skinned and deboned
- 1 (8 ounce) package herb stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped green onions with tops
- 2 stalks chopped celery (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon morton nature seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup salad dressing or 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth (reserved from cooking chicken)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly grease large 9x13x2-inch casserole.
- Cook chicken and drain, reserving cooking liquid.
- Strain cooking liquid and remove any fat.
- Use 1-1/2 cups for chicken broth.
- Cut chicken into large bite-sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, saute the green onions and celery in the butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle half of the stuffing mix in the bottom of casserole.
- Mix chicken, onions, celery, Nature's Seasoning, Miracle Whip or Mayonnasie and chicken together.
- Evenly spread the chicken mixture on top of stuffing.
- Pour chicken broth over chicken mixture.
- Mix eggs, milk, pepper and soup together.
- Pour this mixture over the chicken mixture.
- If desired, refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator about 1-1/2 hours before cooking.
- Just before baking, sprinkle other half of stuffing mix on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until bubbly hot and slightly browned on top.