Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Quick and easy recipe. Great for breakfast or as a snack. Hope you enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs, with
- 2⁄3 cup milk, enough to fill a 1 cup measure
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated cheese (sharp Cheddar cheese is best)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix margarine, eggs with milk, cheese and baking powder until well blended. Add self-rising flour a little at a time, mixing well.
- Dust a baking tray and your hands with flour. Divide the dough into 12 portions and gently pat into mounds with floured hands, placing on dusted tray 3/4 inches apart. Lightly dust the top of the scones with flour.
- Place baking tray in center of pre-heated oven and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
As promised, these were extremely quick to make and produced a very nice fluffy scone.