Recipe by **Mandy**
This is a Jamaican recipe from Caribbean Choice found while on ZWT III. I cheated a bit when I made this and just threw everything in my rice cooker just adding the cheese at the keep warm stage. This is a great side or you could even add some chicken and serve as a main. The recipe calls for Cock Soup Mix which is a spicy chicken soup mix so substitute accordingly, I just used some chicken noodle soup mix and added a bit of minced chilli to add spice.
- 6 cups water
- 450 g rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 (420 g) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (420 g) can mixed vegetables, drained
- 225 g mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (50 g) packetgrace cock soup mix, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to the boil, add rice and allow to steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté onion, garlic and sweet pepper.
- Stir in the steamed rice, whole kernel corn and mixed vegetables.
- Add the cheese, Grace Cock Soup Mix and toss well.
- Serve hot.