Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Even if you don't like ricotta, you won't even know it's in these eggs.
- 6 large eggs (or 1 1/2 cups egg substitute)
- 3 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- Heat a large nonstick skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs (or substitute) and ricotta cheese until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into skillet and cook/scramble until done.
A slight variation on this recipe I've made and found much easier than cutting and chopping is just get a jar of chunky salsa and add a tablespoon or two to the eggs and mix. It's very good and less messy and time consuming. Salsa also comes in mild, medium and hot/spicey so that will add variety to your flavor!!
Teeheehee ... I feel so sneaky. ;-) I made this for breakfast today and DH never noticed that ricotta. I added my standard shot of baking powder to get the _puff_ going but otherwise followed right along with the recipe. Great eggs and a terrific way to use up those smidgeons of ricotta that lurk in the fridge.