1/4 Photos of Fluffy Cheddar Biscuits
Chef Patience's Note:
Fluffy biscuits from Food Everyday issue 9. Try using this as a topping for Winter Veggies Under a Fluffy Cheddar Blanket.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper.
- 3Cut in butter a piece at a time until mixture looks like large crumbs.
- 4Add buttermilk and cheese. Mix until combined, flouring your hands as needed, until it sticks together. If it is too sticky, add in some more flour, a little at a time.
- 5Do not over mix.
- 6Lightly flour a large work surface. Turn out the dough and flatten it to 1 in thickness.
- 7Cut out rounds with a floured 2 inch round cutter. Keep spacing as close together as possible. Put the rounds on a baking sheet.
- 8Collect any scraps, and, mixing as little as possible, flatten out to 1 in thickness again. Cut out any additional rounds you can.
- 9Do not over mix.
- 10Brush tops of biscuits with melted butter.
- 11Bake until they look golden brown,. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Rotate the sheet after about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffy Cheddar Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.2
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 27.9 mg
- Sodium 365.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g