Recipe by Jennygal
from Taste of Home. I havent tried it, but wanted to post for future use. Needs to chill a long time so plan ahead!
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed gingersnaps (about 30 cookies)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 28 caramels
- 1 cup milk
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter and press on bottom and up the sides of a greased 9" pie plate. Cover and chill.
- Place cold water in heavy saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand 1 minute
- Add caramels, milk and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved and caramels are melted. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until mixture mounds when stirred with a spoon.
- Stir in pecans and vanilla. Fold in cool whip and pour into crust. Chill 6 hours or overnight.
- If desired, garnish with caramel ice cream topping and additional pecans.