1/3 Photos of Fluffy Buttermilk Pancake Base Recipe
Here is a simple and easy to reproduce buttermilk pancake. The secret to great pancakes is not to over mix the batter and to let it stand for about 5 to 10 minutes before cooking. This is an excellent Buttermilk Pancake all on its own but it is great base for all types of pancakes like Blueberries, Bananas, Apples, Strawberry and Nuts, or what ever you like be creative. This recipe uses powdered Saco buttermilk, you could use regular buttermilk but you would halve to adjust the batter texture for the liquid buttermilk. I like using the powdered Saco buttermilk for two reasons, 1. It incorporates easily into the dry ingredients for an evenly buttermilk taste and 2. I do not use buttermilk that much in my cooking and the powdered Saco buttermilk keeps for a long time in the fridge so I only use what I need with out wasting the rest. You can find Saco buttermilk at your local grocery store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- 2Mix all the wet ingredients together.
- 3Combine the wet ingredients into the dry, but DO NOT over mix, it's OK for it to be lumpy and have some un-incorporated flour but not to much.
- 4Let it stand in the bowl while you heat up your griddle/nonstick pan to 350°F.
- 5lightly oil your griddle/nonstick pan, the oil should show signs of shimmering this is when you know its hot enough to pour the batter.
- 6Pour the batter on to the griddle/pan enough to create about a 5 to 6 inch circle do not make the center to thick.
- 7When the batter shows signs of bubbles around the center its about time to flip the pancake and cook the other side.
- 8Cook both sides to a golden brown and serve with your favorite topping.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffy Buttermilk Pancake Base Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.5
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 94.2 mg
- Sodium 955.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 12.2 g